Been working for a few hours afterwork on her. I should have her completed by either tonight or monday night. She will need some more cleaning up but I think I'm going to hit around 7.7k tris including her helm and staff(which I still have to model). I took a marm render to show the details a little bit clearer. I am going to go back and redo her top fins. I found a better way to lay out the mesh around the base of her bottom fin that will deform better. I thought her face would be the most challenging part and that ended up being the easiest.
Part of her geo will need to be collapse and cleaned up but that won't be a huge issue.
Learning how to retopo in 3dCoat. Love the program so far. I am finally coming back to my Nami project after shelving it for months. Her chest is a bit dense atm but I can trim it once I have all my loops laid out. Arms are fine, face is fine. The boobs get covered by armor so I have to figure out what I want to do with the geo. Her chest piece and headpiece are the only separate pieces of geo. Everything else will be part of the main mesh. So far its working out. Aiming for 10k-15k tris. Will probably hit lower once I do another pass after the retop.
|Jen Melnick3d Artist and Illustrator||
All Images Copyright © 2011-2016 Jennifer Leigh Melnick.